- CSI Specifications MF 95 & 2018 (Select spec version on site. Link redirects to ARCAT.)
- Fortis® Aluminum Decking Installation Guide (624 KB- ZIP file downloads automatically.)
- Fortis Aluminum Decking Rack Card (4 MB)
- Fortis Board Specifications (263 KB)
- Caring For Your Fortis Aluminum Deck System (110 KB)
- Product Performance Evaluation Per 2015 IBC/ICC and 2015 ADM Building Code Standards (Download will begin immediately- PE Stamps for 48 States –17 MB)
- Fortis Aluminum Decking- Warranty (581 KB- ZIP file downloads automatically.)
- AridDek Waterproof Deck System & Fortis Aluminum Decking Fire Test Reports (Link redirects to external site.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Fortis meets or exceeds deck building code specifications and guidelines for aluminum structures, as recommended by AA ADM 1 and required by the International Building Code – 2015. Building Code Requirements – International Building Code – 2015.
No: Fortis does not replace trusses, joists, rafters, or support beams. Fortis should solely be used as a deck surface.
No: Fortis can be installed with a minimum number of readily available tools. No special tools are necessary for installation.
No: Fortis aluminum decking is not slippery. It has a powder-coated finish that provides steady footing in wet or dry conditions. Additionally, the ribbed surface provides additional traction and conceals the hidden fastener system for a gapless, skid-free surface.
No: one of the most important features of your new Fortis aluminum deck surface is that you won’t have to paint, stain, or refinish it in order to keep your deck looking new. We do recommend that you wash your deck surface periodically using mild soapy water and a soft bristle brush. (Basically the same way you would wash a car.)
The maximum allowable joist spacing is 24 inches on-center when installing the aluminum deck boards on pre-existing or new joist structures.
Fortis is available in three color options: Sandstone, Artisan Clay, and Granite.
Ariddek is a waterproof aluminum deck system that creates a low-maintenance deck surface while providing an integrated gutter system with dry, usable space underneath. Fortis is an eight-inch aluminum pre-grooved deck board that creates a low-maintenance deck surface similar to traditional deck boards in appearance. Fortis is not watertight because of the gap between the boards.
- Carbide-tipped nonferrous blade
- 12” blade-96 tooth
- 10” blade 80 tooth
- 7 ¼” blade 62 tooth
Yes, but they will be cooler than other materials. The thermal conductivity of Fortis aluminum deck boards dissipates heat, providing a cooler deck surface than most wood or composite surfaces.
Fortis is extruded from an aluminum alloy (6005-T5 aluminum) that will not rust. However, as with other decking materials including wood, composite, or even concrete, steel products that come in contact with your deck surface can rust and even stain Fortis. Do not store metal objects that could rust and stain your deck on Fortis. Avoid metal working on Fortis, as well. When installing iron railings, protect your deck surface with a non-plastic drop cloth to prevent grinding dust and weld splatter from settling on the surface of your deck.